Repeal the 16th Amendment.

Started by StinkerBell, February 11, 2010, 11:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I rather serious about this.

I am not oppose to paying taxes, but the current system is a mess and I think the state should be the one collecting taxes from its citizens and the state paying the Feds. It is my belief that the state then would make the Feds more accountable. The current set up gives the government so much power to the feds and the IRS power over us without being accountable to anyone, I believe it truly goes against what the framers of the Constitution had layed out for us and thus makes certain aspects of the Constituion in conflict.

Repealing the 16th amendment is the core so the people start taking control back from the government. I think this is the heart of the matter. Take care of this and all other things like the Feds over spending, over taxing, creating entitlements, etc will fall into a correction. The current way of constant layering of laws there will always be loop holes.

This country needs to reset and I think this is the way to go

ScottA

Both the 16th and the 17th amendments (both in 1913) where designed to shift power from the states to the federal government. They went along with the creation of the Federal Reserve bank. For it to do any good all 3 things would need to be eliminated along with some serious election law changes. As it stands now the 2 main political parties can pretty much dictate who can run for office by controling who's names get on the ballot.

StinkerBell

noted.

I amnot sure that my suggestion is the best. Maybe a flat tax? What I do know it needs to be repealed.

bayview

A flat tax would not tax the "underground" economy. . . I think a consumption tax would be more fair and probably generate more money.

or

Maybe we can eliminate the Federal Reserve and go back to printing our own debt-free, non-interest money.  The personal income tax collected only pays for the interest of the money we have previously "borrowed" from the Federal Reserve.  We (the American people) can "buy back" the Federal Reserve charter for a mere $600,000,000.00.   Money well spent since we would be buying back our own debt.

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .