Author Topic: extended 20x30 or 14x24  (Read 152 times)

Offline makhwawa

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
extended 20x30 or 14x24
« on: April 07, 2021, 04:16:05 PM »
Hello,  New to the forum and mostly to building.  I have the 20x30 one story cottage, and 14x24 little house plans.  I'd appreciate some insight into whether I can extend the plans above, to say 14x32 or 20x36.  I imagine adding in extra piers and extending the length.  Does this compromise stability?  Or are there additional updates required?  If there is another post that covers please share.

thanks, Matt

Offline ChugiakTinkerer

• Building a remote cabin in Alaska
Re: extended 20x30 or 14x24
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 06:36:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

The best answer for your question would come from the jurisdictional authority that issues building permits where you want to build.  They would be able to tell you what sort of changes you might need to make, if any.  Generally speaking though, extending the length as you describe does not involve any major impacts to the building structural integrity.
My cabin build thread: Alaskan remote 16x28 1.5 story

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 37 - 1131KB. (show)
Cache hits: 11: 0.00119s for 40,682 bytes (show)
Queries used: 28.

[Show Queries]