Gun show find today

Started by poppy, January 24, 2010, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppy

I don't have very good pics. yet, but I wanted to brag a little about the trade deal that I made today just as I was ready to leave the show.

I know it looks likes a 10-22, but it is really a Ruger 44 mag. Carbine; made during the first run of 1961-74.  The born on date is sometime in 1967.

It has a beautiful walnut stock and 4 rd. integral tubular magazine which is loaded from the bottom like a 30-30 lever gun.

For those unfamiliar, this semi-auto was offered as a brush gun for deer, hogs, black bear, etc.; which is ironic for me because Ohio doesn't allow rifle hunting for deer and we really don't have hogs or bear.  Actually, I should probably check the hunting regs. because we are permitted to use 44 mag. handguns for deer, so maybe a pistol caliber carbine is OK?

Anyway, I'm always looking for Ruger firearms, especially semi-auto rifles and pistols and stainless revolvers.  This was a good find.

The guy wanted to trade and we worked a deal for the Sig P239 357Sig. two-tone pistol that I brought along to sell.

I'll take some more photos when there's better light.

poppy

Here's the long over due update to this gun show find.  These were made during my high school and college days; when I didn't have any money.

Not bad for a 43 yr. old gun.  ;)