It's a Republic!

Started by StinkerBell, October 12, 2009, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

So, I am at my sons parent teacher conference. the boy decides he does not like how the meeting is going and went for a deflecting strategy. He burst out and says "My mom has guns under her bed"....Naturally I PANIC, I stammer saying "No they have been moved and they are safely locked away (which is all true). It is obvious I am in fear! I think they are going to call CPS on me. Then the boy's economics teacher speaks up and says "So? this is Texas"

I forgot I am in Texas and no longer in Seattle! I need not to fear!

bayview

How old is your son?  He doesn't have his own small caliber gun?   ;)

Didn't you hear of the five year old boy in southeast Texas that took a gator that weighed over 800 lbs?  He used a 410 shotgun and got the gator right behind the eye.

Seriously, good responsible parents usually end up with good responsible children.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

StinkerBell

The boy was playing a smart card. OR it would have been in Seattle. He knew his teacher was about to tell me something he did not want me to know. So he went for a deflector, hoping to derail/distract the issue.

I have used a similar technicue during an annual work review. I told my boss you had a booger hanging and the whole meeting she kept bringing her hand to her nose and could not consentrate. It was hysterical!

bayview

Quote from: StinkerBell on October 12, 2009, 02:11:04 PM

I have used a similar technicue during an annual work review. I told my boss you had a booger hanging and the whole meeting she kept bringing her hand to her nose and could not consentrate. It was hysterical!

I guess we know who he learned it from!   :)

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

considerations