Kitchen Scale

Started by MountainDon, March 15, 2009, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

My kitchen scale broke.  >:(  I've had that old Braun for probably 25+ years. I need a new one. I picked up one at the store yesterday and it is grossly inaccurate. I returned it and using my one pound test weight found inaccuracies in everything I looked at. The old one was extremely accurate.

So has has what and good is it? How about the pressure pad digital type vs springs? Have you checked it's accuracy?

I have an even older balance beam scale but it's too large and too cumbersome for kitchen use. The digital scale at the post office would be nice.  ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Ernest T. Bass

We use this scale for soap making and shipping packages from home. It seems like a good value for what it can do..

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

glenn kangiser

Harbor freight has a couple - with the Chinese guarantee of accuracy - digital up to 11 lbs on one I think.  I have a couple - haven't checked for accuracy with a standard though.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Phssthpok

MountainDon

We got an Oxo Softworks digital. Works well.   :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.