Released detainee now Yemen al-Qaida commander

Started by John_C, January 23, 2009, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

NM_Shooter

Quote from: StinkerBell on January 23, 2009, 03:00:54 PM
This country got the President it deserves.

Unfortunately, the rest of us are along for the ride.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Jochen

Quote from: StinkerBell on January 23, 2009, 03:00:54 PM
This country got the President it deserves.

First of all, he was released already in 2007. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was still under George W. Bush's regime. But I'm quite sure that you will find a way to blame Obama for that as well.

Secondly why are you surprised. He was captured, tortured, detained without getting a fair trial and you really think that he should have any reason to be thankful to the U.S. government??? If he hasn't had already a reason to hate the U.S. the government under George W. Bush gave him at least a very valid reason to do so.

Jochen

StinkerBell

Hey I am not joyful on how Bush ran the country either. So, please do not assume I am going to blame President Obama over this. My statement stands. I hope Obama can see the writing on the wall with what will probably happen.

He should have received a trail based on the standard of his country. If so I highly suspect he would have never made it to gitmo and would not be a threat today.

MountainDon

So what are the odds he was really on the side of al-Qaida before he was captured??
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Hard to say but he is for sure now.

As Jochen mentions, if the shoe was on the other foot we would do the same thing.  We need to quit creating our own enemies.  Al Qaida was created by the CIA to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.  Now we are making the same mistakes they did.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.