Microsoft messed up my e-mail password

Started by glenn kangiser, January 14, 2009, 11:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

I have had the same e-mail since 1995 or so and somehow when they asked me to sign in again for msn hotmail and Windows Live passport.... my password no longer works.  They can send reset info to my locked account to reset it ... d* d* d*

We switched from Costco MSN to MSN hotmail so were not offered the option to have an alternat email to send resets to.  My mother has apparently got a new birthplace  (maybe I'm related to Osbama) so they wont send it to me with that info.  They screwed that up too as I would not have picked that as my secret question - I only know the state she was born in.

It is impossible to get to a real human there - emails through google now trying to get them to tell me what to do.  Will try calling Bill Gates in the morning after he gets to work.... [frus]  [frus]  [frus]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Ernest T. Bass

MSN... yuck. :) They're about as user-friendly as a PC.... I've used Yahoo and never had a problem with it. They keep upgrading the size of your inbox storage, so that's nice... I'm not even sure if there's a limit any more..

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

glenn kangiser

I finally got it back.  Seems the only way to do it is to fill out their form with info as to what was in your account - messages - subject examples, contact names - other info only you would know.  After that you delete your browser cookies and cache in case someone hijacked your account.  The first time I didn't do that and it didn't work.  The second time it worked --- three tries is all you get before having to go through the process again.

They send a re-activation e-mail when enough info is supplied - I got a message back from them that they have a backlog on this that may take more than 24 hours - a large amount of them.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.