No Insulation - Vapour Barrier?

Started by StewB, September 30, 2013, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StewB

After several years of no posting but always reading, I have a question I thought one of you fellows may have an answer to.
A few years back I built the 12x18 little house cabin at a remote location on a river on the North Coast of BC.  Jet boat only access so we only use it in the summer for salmon fishing and a bit of hunting in the early fall.
I built in 2008 and never did finish the inside. Now I want to cover the studs with 3/8 plywood painted white but not bother with insulation as we don't realy need it.  The question is, should I put vapour barrier under the plywood?
Outside of cabin has been left plain OSB, stained for now.  Next year I am putting board and batten so will put 30lb paper on outside walls.
Thanks very much for any input
Stew 

akwoodchuck

If it has a woodstove, I wouldn't even worry about it.....
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."

StewB

It does have a woodstove.  Light weight sheet metal stove commonly refered to around here as a "hippi killer"

Erin

QuoteNext year I am putting board and batten so will put 30lb paper on outside walls.

You've already covered your bases. 
I'd call it good, personally...

BTW, my folks' cabin has never had anything but OSB siding and several coats of paint.  Dad put contrasting battens on it every 2' to give it some dimension.  I've always thought it looked pretty sharp for no more than it is.   
In 35 years he's only needed to replace the bottom 2' of "siding" when it started getting soft above the deck.   Eastern Nebraska probably doesn't have near the moisture issues that BC has, though!
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

StewB

Where the cabin is it gets around 100 inches a year of rain but becasue if it's location in very heavy tall timber virtually no wind. I have a 12x12 roof that extends out far enough that the sides of the cabin never get wet.