I need a little help

Started by peternap, August 19, 2012, 11:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I really feel old and antiquated.

I'm looking for a new phone. I use Tmobile and am not going to buy one from them.

I'm looking at ChinaBuy at this phone:
http://www.chinabuye.com/m005-7-0-capacitive-touch-screen-quad-band-dual-sim-duan-standby-android-2-3-3g-gps-wifi-tv-3g-tablet-pc-smart-phone-black

But....I have no idea if it will work on Tmobile's system. This looks like it has a 7" screen which would be great.

Anyone savvy enough to look at it and give me some direction? ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

UK4X4

its a unlocked GSM phone

most larger networks in the US are CDMA

I have a GSM and in the states it only connects to AT&T

but thats also because of my sim provider here in Colombia

Really need to check in your area what system they are using and wether the T-mobile system accepts unlocked phones- some networks only allow phones sold by them unlocked or not.

glenn kangiser

Found this Peter

A couple points - depends on what you want to spend.

Samsung Note unlocked - around $550 from Amazon - 5.3 inches  resolution 1280x800 4g and LTE HSPA+ on the American Version.  No LTE on the international. 

I think it would be easier to read than the one you are looking at which has only 480x800 resolution.  Looks like it is limited to only 3G reception for internet which is much slower than HSPA+ or LTE

For the price it could be a good deal if the other factors are acceptable.  Looks like T-Mobile will help you get an unlocked phone working on their system.

Samasung is rumored to be coming out with a new version of the Note this month, slightly larger than the 5.3 inches.  Hasn't been released yet.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.