Temporary Plumbing - would this work?

Started by Epiphany, March 28, 2005, 12:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epiphany

Thinking of building the bedroom first as a weekend kind of place, then adding the rest of the house a room at a time until I can move in full time.  Thinking of putting in a small kitchen area and doing without shower facilities for the time being.  What about instead of kitchen faucets, installing bath tub faucets in the wall over the kitchen sink, including the diverter.  Install a plastic shower stall next to the kitchen sink.  Then when a shower is desired, pulling the diverter to activate a hand held shower head in the shower stall.  All to drain to a dry sink.  Thoughts anyone?

glenn kangiser

I don't know what your future plans are but many times the kitchen and bath are plumbed back to back.  Seems you might be able to just put the shower stall behind the kitchen wall where it would go anyway and hook it up, thereby not having to change anything later.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

Those shower bases, especially are pretty expensive.  We put in a large black tub from Tractor Supply (roughly 3 ft in diameter, with drain cut into it), hung shower curtain "rod" of black plastic from the ceiling joists of the barn, with shower curtains.  

There's a sand filter in a loader tire with the bottom sidewall cut off a few feet away, with the washing machine  shower, and the drain from a sink that I've never installed going to it.

this is in a barn, and it's really really primitive.  I don't use it when it's cold.  I drive the 20 mile round trip to a hot shower.  And keep alcohol as antifreeze in the parts of the washing machine that don't drain worth a flip.

But sand filters are a nice idea.  Perfect for shower and washing machine water.  Not quite so good for washing greasy dishes water.