It's offical

Started by peternap, January 17, 2008, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

We are now in official technical recession. What a surprise d*.

According to my streaming quotes, the DOW ended the day down 307.03 points. I had to trade my butt off all day and still lost a couple hundred dollars. Beats the hell out of losing 40 or 50 thousand.

Go back to my thread titled "How will the end come"....and look at the demise of the Soviet Union. This isn't the end yet but it's sure starting to show it's colors now.
I don't think the market has bottomed yet either. There's a big hole in that bucket and I don't see anything plugging it up. :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Drew

Dollar cost averaging, Peter.  You no doubt spend more time on it than I do, but that is what lets me sleep at night.

The trick is to have money when no one else does.  Think of the bargain shopping you can do now!

peternap

I want to wait until tomorrow Drew. I quit trying to buy at rock bottom a long time ago. I try to catch it while it's still going down but getting close to the bottom.
I think there's a little freefall left in this binge and tomorrow's  Friday. Troubled Fridays almost always close down.

OTOH, there hasn't been much direction today so it has to be watched very closely.

It is a fire sale though! c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!