It has a name...Microsleep

Started by peternap, October 06, 2012, 11:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

For years I've been experiencing what I tried to describe as machinegun unconsciousness. I'll just switch off for a second, come back then do it again. It happens even when I'm walking. I'll get where I was going but really only remember half the trip. It really is like a switch going on, then off, then on again.

I always attributed it to Diabetes because they started about the same time. It's also the reason I have to keep my safety harness short in my tree stand and why I let Jane do the driving on anything but short trips.

Tonight I thought I'd see if any other diabetics had the same problem and low and behold, this has a name. "Microsleep".

Apparently not a lot is known about the causes and I couldn't find where there was any particular treatment, but it's generally thought of as a form of Narcolepsy.

I feel much better now...I know what to call it.  :D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!