We had a flood...so It's education day

Started by peternap, December 12, 2008, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

We had a flood yesterday. I had planned to go to the farm, and to see the Big Kidd and to drop off cookies Jane baked to the Sheriffs off ice and Clerks office and go hunting. No such luck. Larry called and told me all the roads were impassable.....So I'll do those things tomorrow.

Today, I went back to Williamsburg to spend some time with the blacksmith and timber framers. The education never ends.
I learned how to forge hinges and watched the framers lay out an entire house that will be raised next Saturday.

Got home and got a call from one of my few remaining friends. He has cancer. It just doesn't seem to stop but I am determined it isn't going to spoil the season.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

r8ingbull

Wondering if you have any info on that last picture.  What are they doing/making?  At first I thought making wood shakes/shingles, but maybe that pile is just scrap??? 

southernsis

Great pictures. I am sorry to hear about your friend. It does sometimes seem as if the bad things never end.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

peternap

Quote from: r8ingbull on December 13, 2008, 09:35:44 AM
Wondering if you have any info on that last picture.  What are they doing/making?  At first I thought making wood shakes/shingles, but maybe that pile is just scrap??? 

Yep, shingles. This house that goes up next Saturday as a matter of fact, will have 13000 of them.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!