Countryplans.com inspired home

Started by alljams2001, December 03, 2013, 11:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alljams2001

Hi All,

I came across this site back in 2004, and fell in love with the plans and the enthusiasm of the "owner builders".

It's been 9 years, a divorce, a new relationship that ended with a tragic accident, and now starting over once again.

The dream of wanting an original "Country Plan" house may be gone, but not forgotten.

I have managed to buy a small half- acre piece of property with a 20x24 garage on it. It's in a small town in South Carolina, and I have proposed to the town board I convert the garage on the property into a small cottage.

I got the inspiration from this site, as well as 'granny flats' that are very popular in Australia. I will be posting pictures soon, but in the meantime, would like to know has anyone else ever done this type of thing, either as a permanent residence, or as a rental or in-law suite?

Thanks so much for reading!

Jojo

speedfunk

sweet...sounds like a neat way to repurpose a car shelter to a higher use :D hopefully youll share some pics

Windpower

hooking into the city sewer and water might be the biggest challenge but it sounds like a good idea

you may have to cut some concrete for the plumbing, not too bad --rent a saw or hire someone
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

kalstar

Awesome, looking forward to following along.