Some thoughts by Harry51...

Started by Sassy, November 03, 2009, 08:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

(Harry sent this by email & I asked him if I could post it - too much truth not to!) Sassy

"Health care reform. Cap and Trade. Bailouts. Stimulus. The Kyoto treaty and various other sovereignty-surrendering schemes. Water policy that results in farms drying up and blowing away. Outrageous fuel costs. Rigged elections and voter fraud. Severe erosion of personal liberty. Flagrant violation of the rights of property. Entire industries forced out of business or exiled to other countries. All caused and promoted by the gov't through taxation, regulation, and sponsored litigation.

What's the answer?

Limited government. It's as simple as that. The Founders understood that gov't is not a panacea. It is nothing more than an institution for the application of force. In its most highly developed form, the very most it can do for us is protect our personal liberty, the rights of property, and secure our borders. That's all the good it can do, ever, at best.

The problem comes in when we succumb to the notion that gov't is an all-purpose tool, able to accomplish anything we want it to. It only has force to work with, so the more we ask of it, the more force it will apply to us, the governed. Clearly, force is not always the correct approach to problem solving, but we ask gov't to do things for us that we should be doing for ourselves in spite of that fact. The unfortunate truth is that as a group, we are appallingly ignorant because we are too lazy to observe, read and think, and remain stubbornly attached to the naive dream of a benevolent omnipotentency that will provide for all our needs and wants at little or no cost or inconvenience to ourselves. Ergo, we get the gov't we deserve, a corrupt, greedy, bloated bureaucracy mirroring a society with a corrupted, self-serving, can't-do-enough for me view of what the proper functions of gov't are.

Until we face the facts that:

Gov't is force, and only force;

That force is applied by men, who are human and therefore subject to fallibility at every turn;

Gov't must first take from someone else that which it distributes to another;

Force is not the answer to all problems;

Charity must be voluntary, otherwise it is nothing more than legalized robbery;

To enjoy liberty, each of us must take responsibility for our own needs and the consequences of our actions and decisions;

And finally, understand the profound immorality of demanding that our personal needs and wants be satisfied by gov't force applied against our fellow citizens;

Until we take these things to heart and live accordingly, we will continue to be saddled with a ruling class of our own creation, and their swarms of venal apparatchiks.  Between them, they will eat out our substance until our entire society collapes from within.

I suggest we begin the recovery process by each of us reading the Declaration of Independence every Sunday morning until we know it by heart. Maybe some of that wisdom will sink in..............
"   

Thanks Harry51!

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

I am only beginning to see the resistance once in a while now. As more and more people see the theft of our country some have begun to take action. 

The California Septic Caper was seen through by the public.  They voiced their disapproval and sent the money grubbing scammers packing.

We need to watch the scams they try to pull on us and let them know that we are tired of it.  We need less government.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.