4shared.com, A Place To Share Non Image Files

Started by MountainDon, March 07, 2010, 04:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

At various times in the past it would have been nice to have a place to share non image files. Photobucket, Picasa and many other places offer image and video sharing, but I'd never seen anything that would allow sharing of PDF's, DOC's etc. Well, I ran across this place last night.

You do have to register, but there is a free level, if you want to place a file to be shared.

Here's a sample PDF document, the index page to the IRC2006, as used by Virginia. Click on the image to go to the download site. Add a note here if you have problems or comments.

One potential problem with 4shared.com is that if the user does not sign into their own 4shared account once every 30 days all the files disappear. But all the same it might be useful for sharing a PDF if the PDF can not be directly linked to on some other website.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MaineRhino

Try drop.io , I store all types of files, music, pdf and links there. It is free also.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MaineRhino

From what I read, drop.io is not indexed by Google or other search engines.   Just a FYI, FWIW.