Fredericksburg VA man arrested for pointing finger at cops

Started by Windpower, March 27, 2012, 05:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

There was a little more to it than finger pointing....but yeah, here we go with the finger again. :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MikeC

Wow. pointing a finger. How touchy "peace officers" have become in the past century.

"Tragedy in Carroll County Court Room Follows Conviction of Floyd Allen For Complicity in Escape of a Prisoner After Penitentiary Sentence Is Pronounced by Jurist Mountaineers Begin Fusillade of Bullets and a Triple Murder Follows In the Hall of Justice"

http://www.blueridgeinstitute.org/ballads/allensnews.html

Woodsrule

Somehow I just don't believe this guy's "cigarette extraction" theory. Sounds a bit farfetched. I do feel for his elderly mother though; she seems genuinely saddened by the incident. So, the man's son is being tried for a felony and he admittedly has an outburst in court, yet he tries to make us believe he didn't do what is alleged. I gotta give him credit though - the cigarette story made me laugh out loud! [rofl2]

Don_P

Mike, the Courthouse Tragedy was in the county next door. It has been 100 years but there are still strong sentiments in places. Interestingly, they are planning on a movie about it sometime soon. There's been some real mixed feelings about that. There is plenty of fodder there and enough mist of time to really skew things.
The history of the Baldwin-Felts agency is interesting. If you remember the pictures of "company men" vs striking coal miners from the period, these are them, another form of "government" besides the clans and the state at the time. To my knowledge we don't know who shot the sherriff... who was also the person who chose to let the courtroom fill with guns. We did have that forensic capability at the time.  As an aside, the Sidna Allen house, Floyd's brother, is a beauty. A queen Anne finished the year before the shootout.

edit, here's a pic of the Sidna Allen house;
http://www.michaelunderwoodphotography.com/US-States/Virginia/17132966_WLDmW6#!i=1298351904&k=czQL8Sz

peternap

Quote from: Don_P on March 30, 2012, 08:32:15 AM
Mike, the Courthouse Tragedy was in the county next door. It has been 100 years but there are still strong sentiments in places. Interestingly, they are planning on a movie about it sometime soon. There's been some real mixed feelings about that. There is plenty of fodder there and enough mist of time to really skew things.
The history of the Baldwin-Felts agency is interesting. If you remember the pictures of "company men" vs striking coal miners from the period, these are them, another form of "government" besides the clans and the state at the time. To my knowledge we don't know who shot the sherriff... who was also the person who chose to let the courtroom fill with guns. We did have that forensic capability at the time.  As an aside, the Sidna Allen house, Floyd's brother, is a beauty. A queen Anne finished the year before the shootout.

edit, here's a pic of the Sidna Allen house;
http://www.michaelunderwoodphotography.com/US-States/Virginia/17132966_WLDmW6#!i=1298351904&k=czQL8Sz

Not sure if you're talking about just the Courthouse killings Don, but the movie Matewan portrays the Baldwin Agency. And yes, feelings are strong. Hill people don't forget their enemies.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!