Sprint mobile WIFI Hotspot

Started by JRR, May 09, 2010, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRR

After about 6 years of using a ever slowing Gateway desktop that had been upgraded to XPpro level ... I had to have something new....I was ready for 7 and a laptop.  I travel some, didn't want a small netbook but did want some mobility.  Something I could travel about with and set up with out too much trouble.  I decided to get an customed HP dv8 Notebook ... not small or light, but could be tugged about.   I was commited to move away from DSL land line, so I did not include a modem.

I had never tried wireless or any networking before.  Looking at the on-line Sprint coverage map, I saw my home was probably in the 3G overage area, with a slight chance of being in the 4G area.  So I signed up for a Sprint Mobile 3G/4G Hotspot. I was a big nervous as all these new toys were opened up at the same time.  Everything worked well straight from the "git-go".  I am please with the laptop ... at first, thought I was gonna have to buy a wireless mouse, but I've learned to live with the touchpad.  The screen is very good and I paid extra for superior sound.  BluRay capable video reader.  TV tuner.  All the bells and whistles for entertainment on the road ... maybe even a little work!

The Hotspot has been very satisfying.  As fast or faster than DSL ... and costs many bucks less per month.  And is mobile.  It supplies up to 5 devices at once ... it even supports my Iphone.  Been on a few trips ... no problems.  If you think you may be interested, check the coverage map.