Wilson told it like it is

Started by peternap, September 10, 2009, 01:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/wilson-told-it-like-it-is/

Editorial

South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie" after Obama said extending health care to all Americans would not mean insuring illegal immigrants.

Read the story

Afterward, he was assailed with negative comment and veiled threats. Why?

For Gods sake, Obama has lied about everything from his birthplace to the cost of health care. He's taken the mess created by Bush and made it a thouand times worse. He's taken this country to the very brink of destruction and he has lied, admittedly very well and very elegantly, but still lied through his teeth.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi directed a fierce frown at him;

So what, if Nancy Pelosi smiled at you, you may turn to stone.

The bottom line is Wilson is representing his constituents. That' a rare thing these days. Think of it, a politician actually doing his job. He should be congratulated and held in high esteem, not ridiculed and censured.

Old Virginia Editor

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 10th, 2009 at 7:14 am and is filed under Blogroll, Editorial. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Edit this entry.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

OkieJohn2

I got a big kick out of his outburst, I thought I was watching Parliment not Congress.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

Sassy

Took a lot of guts to do that - now he is being ridiculed...   
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

muldoon

the enemy of my enemy is not (necessarily) my friend.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00024809#cont

The insolent congressmen, condemned by both parties for shouting "you lie" at Obama during his speech, receives most of his political backing from the very same lobbying groups opposed to changing the status quo.

Health professionals as a class are the #1 contributor to Joe Wilson's current re-election campaign, and to this point (early in the cycle) the American Hospital Association is his #1 individual contributor. AHA Advocacy is a lobbyist group based in Washington D.C.

Looks like he was bought and paid for....

THEY ALL HAVE TO GO!@!@!!@

ScottA

It's all a big show. This was about all the media cared about in Obamas speach. It's pretty bad when a heckler gets more media than the guy giving the speach. Bottom line is it was just another BS reality TV show for the masses to watch.

peternap

Quote from: ScottA on September 10, 2009, 10:12:20 PM
It's all a big show. This was about all the media cared about in Obamas speach. It's pretty bad when a heckler gets more media than the guy giving the speach. Bottom line is it was just another BS reality TV show for the masses to watch.

Isn't it always Scott.

In about two week I have to Start dealing with the General Assembly and since it's an election year, they will be worse than usual.
For now though, I ordered a new 405 grain bullet mold today, have plenty of lead and a couple thousand rounds to shoot up at the range.
The nights are getting cool and the Deer are everywhere....so

Obama can kiss my....foot....the State Legislature can wait and life is good. ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!