Fairness Doctrine

Started by Dog, February 01, 2009, 07:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog

The Fairness Doctrine comes up every once in a while. Now I'm not a fair person, so maybe we should allow the government to make sure that OUR airways are only broadcasting fair and balanced government approved FCC grade information.  I just might have a view point that EVERYONE doesn't agree with. Remember, I'm not a fair person because I agree with some things and disagree with others. Okay. Who doesn't. Does this mean that the govt should be approving or disapproving what I have to say? If I have a radio show, should it be demanded of me that I host someone who the govt insists I host? I recall something called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH".
Keep an eye on this one folks. It'll be interesting to see what Obama does with it when it comes up again. Reagan and Bush vetoed it...

I'd like your thoughts on this one. I find it concerning. Don't get me wrong...I said right up front...I'm not a fair person...so change the channel and listen to someone who you agree with. Govt censoring and regulating is what this thing is....you tell me how you view it.

If you don't like what you're hearing or watching turn the channels. I am actually a very fair person for what it's worth. I do get angry when "dictated" to.  Hello? See it for what it really is.
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.