Main Menu

Recent posts

General Forum / Re: Dog damage to wooden door
Last post by Cassy0110 - September 07, 2022, 12:02:10 AM
it's better not to buy a new door until you teach your dog good behavior, I have a cat with the same behavior.
General Forum / Re: Garage Ideas
Last post by Cassy0110 - September 06, 2022, 11:57:45 PM
do it as much as possible, especially if you have kids, because they have too much stuff
General Forum / Re: which are chainsaw chains ...
Last post by Cassy0110 - September 06, 2022, 11:54:55 PM
Forester Chainsaw Chain Loop, 24″ Full Chisel is my fav
Off Topic - Ideas, humor, inspiration / Re: School of Traditional Skil...
Last post by Cassy0110 - September 06, 2022, 11:52:24 PM
Really cool
General Forum / Re: Stone Foundation
Last post by sydneyim - September 06, 2022, 04:34:38 PM
Stone foundations are not as reliable as concrete foundations because concrete can last up to 30 years. I try to use concrete wherever possible, its may be a little more expensive, but you get good quality. I live in a house I inherited from my parents. The parking lot in the garden is made of concrete but is over 35 years old, so I decided to update it. I turned to concreteservicesdenver.com to remove the old concrete and pour new concrete. These guys did a great job.
General Forum / Solar System. Upgrade or addin...
Last post by Hunterscabin - September 06, 2022, 11:05:55 AM
At present, I have a 100 watt solar panel, 1deep cycle marine battery and 1200 watt inverter.
For the three led lights, phone charger and iPad charging it was enough.
The power company's bid was 29K. Too much for this ole man.
I have a Jenny for the microwave and coffee pot.
What I would like to do is enlarge the system to cover the CPAP machine usage. I charge the portable one during the day. But it craps out at about 3am.
I do not have power requirements data for the electric one I normally use.
Are there any suggestions to maybe adding more solar panels and batteries for this?
Am I leaving anything out? Thanks all
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
Last post by Medeek - September 06, 2022, 04:15:57 AM
Version 3.0.2b - 09.06.2022
- Fixed a bug with wall presets introduced with the addition of the Label Rotation parameter from Version 2.9.8.

!!!! CRITICAL BUG FIX !!!!
This bug affects wall presets within the "Draw" menu only.  The issue was already correct in the "Edit" menu.  I strongly encourage everyone to upgrade to this version of the plugin if you have Version 1.9.8 or later currently installed.
Off Topic - Ideas, humor, inspiration / School of Traditional Skills o...
Last post by cbc58 - September 05, 2022, 10:33:56 AM
Saw this on another website.  Free online seminar covering various topics.  Kudos to the people putting it together.

https://www.schooloftraditionalskills.com/
General Forum / Re: Alternative septic for sma...
Last post by cbc58 - September 05, 2022, 10:15:24 AM
Thank you for the reply.  I did see that the system only breaks down material and generates gas above a certain temp.  Surrounding it with compost is a great idea.  A major benefit for me is the ability to not need a septic system for a seldom used property.  In NC, it is not uncommon to find land with clay and non-buildable lots, or very expensive septics (40k).

I'm guessing the local environmental health depts. have something to say about these... am going to have to check...
General Forum / Re: 20x30 build questions
Last post by cbc58 - September 05, 2022, 10:08:53 AM
Hi - Your best bet is to go through the owner-build posts that resemble what you want to build and see what people have done.  Many builds use the plans sold here.  Reading the threads will show you what others have come across regarding questions and issues - and the way they ultimately resolved them.  Lots of good info on these boards...