Very disappointed in Mills Pride Kitchen cabinets

Started by trish2, July 24, 2005, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trish2

I'm doing a remodel of a small kitchen using Home Depot Mills Pride Windsor Oak cabinets.  We have had to take back over 1/2 the door fronts because of major flaws in the finish.  

The 42 inch tall cabinets we needed were a special order.  Those replacements are now on re-order.

While the people at Home Depot have been cooperative about the exchanges, it is a pain to have to go through this.  

Moral of the story:  If possible, check the door fronts to be sure they have no major flaws before you go through the check out stand.  Also, try to keep your kitchen layout to 30 inch tall cabinets.  Since they are stock items, it makes exchanging a lot easier.

glenn kangiser

I didn't want to put the mills pride together for our rental so went to Lowe's and got the American Woodmark Natural Oak.  Used it in our other house also and have been pretty happy with them.  Pre assembled and at least the faces are real wood.  
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

I once--very briefly--worked for a cabinet shop that made cabinets for the area Jim Walter homes.

Vinyl covered particle board.  Rarely got out of the shop without damage.

;D

Jimmy C.

[size=24]I love the term [/size][glb][size=24]Genuine simulated wood grain[/size][/glb]
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

Jared Drake

I'm in the planning stages and was wondering how much those cabinets cost?

trish2

Jared: The cost depends on the style of door, layout and number of cabinets.  Millsj pride has some sample layouts that they quote; prices for an average kitchen with 30 inch high cabnets is around $1500 for just the cabinets and door fronts.  You buy the cabinet pack and then purchase the door style  you like seperate.  You have to assemble the cabinets. ( Assembly was not much of a problem.  We did the whole kitchen in one afternoon.)  Blanco is the cheapest door front; we choose a higher end Windsor door front.

We also used 42 inch high cabinets, which is another upgrade.  Altogether with tax, etc we paid around $2300 for the cabinets and then another $300 for porcelin tile, backer board and  plywood  for the counter tops.

I don't like the way the drawer banks in Mills Pride are desinged and if I had it to do over again I would buy some other brand.