off grid solar source

Started by altaoaks, September 21, 2010, 10:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altaoaks

i have to tell everyone about this web site i found, i was really impressed with their product line and prices.  also they advise and answer questions about off grid power.  i accidently landed on this site as i was searching for outhouse designs and ideas.  they also have some nice cabin packages and the specials running now is free off-grid solar system with purhase of 5 of their cabin packages.  amazing!  they also have a nice looking wind turbine set-up that can be used independently or with the off-grid system for another $1,800.  

phalynx

Looks like linkthrough sites to me....  spam...

MountainDon

I had a look at this earlier and did not see the value of either, as they did seem to be strictly portal sites, linking through to other sites offering little to the owner builder of small cabins/homes.

So I've deleted the references as being not particularly unique or useful.

Sorry.  If there really is some value there that I missed please PM or email me.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Well, it makes a whole lot of difference when an error is made in a proffered link.  :D

The website altaoaks meant to show is solarpanel.ca  Some of our Canadian members, especially those in the west (Alberta is where they are located) may be interested in contacting them. I'm not against international trade, just can't bear to deal with customs and the paperwork. I can't say they are better than anyone else on the internet, but they do claim to live off grid themselves.

My only issue with them, and this may be just my personal take, is that they include AGM batteries in their kits. I may be old school, but I prefer a battery I can draw off electrolyte with a hydrometer and see exactly what the state of charge is, cell to cell.

One other thing I did not do a US vs CDN dollar comparison. However, my initial thought was that their prices might be on the high side. Just an off the top of the bald head feeling, nothing scientific so don't take that as gospel. Do your own homework. Actually at the present time I don't think there is much difference between the two currencies.

Anyhow altaoaks simply mistyped and ended up with web addresses that were real, but not really useful.   :(

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.