Bolt Together House

Started by Epiphany, September 20, 2005, 08:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epiphany

I have written Jeff Milstein c/o Overlook Press, and also have written to Family Circle, as I noticed on my plans it says copyright Family Circle.  So far I have not had a response, but will let you know when I hear from either one of them.

Since I don't have permission yet to copy them, I haven't bothered to get a price yet on the cost.  If I get permission to copy, I'll advise and also advise of the cost.    

Lady_Novice

Epiphany,
I've seen people mention the bolt together house but can't say I know anything about it.

Why do they call it the bolt together house? Is it a different type of construction from regular stick framing? Is it like post and beam perhaps? I'm always interested in new ideas and approaches...
Lady Novice

jraabe

The bolt together house was one of the most popular magazine plans ever published. It consists of 6x6 columns and 2x4 and 2x6 braces which make up the skeleton for prefabricated insulated plywood panels.

This is from the Tiny Book of Tiny Houses, by Lester Walker.

Lady_Novice

Thanks for posting the pictures, John. Looks like the bolt together house could have qualified for your small house contest.
LN