Gunshow today

Started by peternap, May 16, 2009, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I played hooky from farm work...it was wet anyway :-\
The line was long as usual and it took 20 minutes to get in.
I saw the guys at the VCDL table, Proshooter and Grapeshot. That was the high point in the day.

The gouging was in full swing. It really makes me mad that so called gun people, jack up prices on guns and ammo 100% just because they can. I bought several boxes of Win .308 last night at Walmart...for $17.95. I ran across a fellow selling them for $35.00.
I doubt I'll get a Christmas card from him this year.

The fellow I buy brass from was still selling at his old prices so I got a few hundred 45LC cases, another thousand primers and a pound of powder. He didn't have any 444 cases though so I figured I wouldn't be able to load any .41 ghetto blasters, but I found a few hundred rounds of brass .410's. They'll work fine.

I found a reasonable price on 45/70 brass so I got a couple hundred of those cases.

.380's were unbelievable ...$35.00 to $50.00 per box...and people were buying them:shock:

AR's and AK's were just going sky high and I ran across a fellow who had an old S&W 28. He wanted $500.00:what:

Just unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran into a fellow who had several thousand 45acp cases at home and wanted to sell them. I gave him my card and hopefully he'll call.

Dark Sun was there looking ugly...as usual... and many of the regulars that don't take advantage of the hysteria.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

I'm done with gun shows for awhile.  I'm not going to pay $6 cover charge to be offended by prices.  Last show I went to, I didn't buy anything.  Show before that I bought some 45ACP brass for $0.05 each. 

Something is seriously wrong.  I don't understand how the manufacturers can't make enough ammo.  Somebody is buying up huge quantities, and I don't think it is just John Q. Public.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

phalynx

I agree with the whole no more gun shows thing.  I don't like being packed in to have some old guy lecture me on why I need to pay twice as much for something.

On the ammo, I think it's actually simple. Because of the hype, true or not, the normal person, who would buy 1 box of ammo, buys 10.  The guy who normally buys 10, buys 100...  This type of the increase is 10 fold and no industry can cope quickly.  I know I have been buying ammo when I can but I won't over pay that much.