3DHA Software Version 3.0: Can I walk inside?...

Started by ajbremer, January 20, 2011, 09:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajbremer

Thursday - January 20th, 2011 Oklahoma, USA

Hi ya'll,

I bought the 'Little House Plans' and am modifying it to a 16x28 with 10' wall studs and a loft with a cat-walk, just like the nash place at: http://www.countryplans.com/nash.html

I downloaded the templates for the software and am having a hard time figuring out how to work the software. I can bring up the different files, such as: PL0, PL1, and PL2. When I see the cabin on the screen, 3D view, can I somehow see inside of it? Walk into it?

Also, I really wish that I wasn't going by modified plans. I would love to be able to follow exact plans of a 16x28 with 10' wall studs and a loft similar to the nash place. I have never built a place before and need all the instructions/exact plans that I can get. Would anybody happen to know if I can get plans very similar to what I've described?

Thank you...

al
Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.

bayview

PL0 is the foundation plan, PL1 is the first floor plan, and PL2 would be second floor . . .

I find the best way to view the exterior and/or interior is as follows:

Click the icon that looks like an eye.   The icon between the ruler and magnify glass.

Then click the "camera" icon on the right side of the icon menu . . .   It should show "Full Camera"

Pick a spot on the exterior or the interior (your mouse pointer should be a "cross-hairs" with a camera image)   Hold down your left mouse key and drag a line in the direction you want to view.   (Line doesn't need to be very long)and(Obviously, release left mouse button)

A new window should open where you dragged the line . . .    Use the appropriate directional icons to move forward, backwards, left, right, etc . . .

You should also be able to resize and move windows, cabinets, change colors and more when in the full camera view mode.   Left clicking once on the item will highlight it for the appropriate changes.   Left clicking twice will bring up a menu for that particular item.  

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

ajbremer

Thank you bayview, I'll get right to trying all of that.
Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.