The Man Cave

Started by Curtis, November 11, 2008, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis

Thanks guys.

I'm looking for midwestish type land. Not too far east, not to far west, north or south.

Something similar to Indiana climate. Hot summers, cold winters.

One acre I don't think is big enough, but i'm only looking for no more than 10 or so. It just depends on what I can find, and for what price. I just don't want to build right next to another tiny lot for sale where someone else may build more conventional housing and look down upon me and my home.

The land would be financed, with a good chunk down. I've seen a lot of places requesting atleast 10% down, I could do that for most of what I have seen.

Depending on where I find land, I could live at somewhere near the construction site untill it is liveable, or I can build a small shack/lean-to to keep the rain off of my head while I build. I'm basically looking for a hillside, not so much a mountain. Just a big hill, basically. They're all over the place.

I plan on living partially off of my savings and off what I earn via a partime job during construction, my goal is to finish it quickly, but that always doesn't work out.

I'll check out the Counties you suggested Mike870, and i'll let you know what I find.
-Curtis