3dHome Program Question

Started by Mark_Chenail, January 31, 2006, 11:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_Chenail

Im hoping one of you folks on here can help me with this.  Im designing a little house intended for a lot that slopes down to a lake and I want to have a walkout basement at the back for use as a boathouse.  I had no trouble drawing the house and plan with 3d home and figured when I was done, I could use the countour the land feature and pull up the land around the house to the upper level and so create my walk out basement.  Well that works okay except that  as I raise the land around the walls, the slope bleeds through the walls of the basement and I get piles of dirt in the corners and along the walls.  I know there must be a trick to doing this. The walls are locked but that doesnt prevent the leak through. Should I have raised my terrain first and created my slope and then actually dug a hole for my basement.  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I will post the design when I get it right for your comments.  Thanks.   :) :-?
mark chenail

John Raabe

The only feature I have used for ground contouring is to set the different panels of ground cover at different heights (minus values below floor level. This gives you stepped levels that can simulate a slope. Pretty rough but workable. (This is ver 3 of 3DHA)
None of us are as smart as all of us.