Proposed amendment to the constitution

Started by Whitlock, February 08, 2010, 04:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitlock

I got this in a e-mail from a friend-

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress.  Many citizens had no idea that Congressmembers could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws.  The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered....in all of its' forms.  Somehow, that doesn't seem logical.  We do not have an elite that is above the law.  I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever.  The self-serving must stop.  This is a good way to do that.  It is an idea whose time has come.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States  Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that  applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to  the Senators and Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies  to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the  citizens of the United States".
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

Sassy

I'd vote for that!!!  BTW, what are you doing up so late  ???
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Whitlock

Quote from: Sassy on February 08, 2010, 05:19:12 AM
I'd vote for that!!!  BTW, what are you doing up so late  ???

firewood = bad back :(
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

pagan

It makes too much sense, which is why it'll never happen.  >:(

StinkerBell

rwanders

:( Good luck with that----Congress would have to approve the amendment first then 3/4s of the states after that. So the same people who most enjoy those perks would have to vote to take away that power from themselves.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida