Shotgun, no primers, chimney, old book...hell I'm famous, price gouging

Started by peternap, January 31, 2009, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I played hooky from the farm today (I'm going in a few hours) and went to a gunshow, then to get a chimney for a new Aldin lamp we picked up.
The gunshow was a zoo. This is a small show and it was PACKED. Every vendor was price gouging unbelievably. There were NO reloading supplies at all.

On the way out, I was asking everyone with a gun what they were asking (I always do that). Oit in the parking lot I asked a kid who had a new in the box Mossburg 12 ga with the short sighted mounted barrel. He said 175. I said 125.00 and he looked at the crowd and said ....Sold!

I need a new shotgun like Janet Reno needs more ugly, but...can't have too many guns.

We went to the farmers market in Dayton and got the Chimney for the lamp and got wicks and mantles. My wife was looking at books in the bookstore and shouted LOOK!

It was a book on the history of Massanutten and there was a picture of me in my ski instructors uniform. Damn, I'm good looking! ::)

Got Zeus a big bone and he's happily working on it. Long, fun day. 
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!