RV shed construction photos

Started by tesa, March 23, 2009, 09:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesa

wow, what a wild ride!

i actually have dozens of pictures, but won't bore you with all the details, just the highlights.

i can't tell you what a great feeling it was to watch daniel haul that last roof panel up there!!

silly woman that i am, i almost shed a tear, after a few setbacks, and two weekends of rain, we're
finally finished with the shed.

i'm off today, to purchase guttering, and our garden shed (which we plan to use as a battery house
was delivered saturday) needs to be constructed.

even with two weekends of rain, we still think we'll be able to move on or near the 1st

we knew all along we would be out there for awhile without electricity, as there is no way
i'm errecting my solar panels and then leaving them unattended, so it will be a few days
of roughin' it whilst daniel gets the PV system up and running

also, it would seem we're having some trouble with the generator, daniel said the automatic start
isn't working, and there's no way in hell i can pull start that thing, and for some reason, it seems
to want to "overheat" and will just quit after about an hour or so, which made for very slow
construction

and the thing is brand new!!

good news, tho, there seems to be a guardian dealership or something here in magnolia
so we won't have to drive it all the way into houston proper to have it looked at, and
of course we have a full two year warranty, so as soon as we're fiished with construction
on the battery house, we plan to have it put in the shop, which means if we do move
on the first, i'll even be without the darn generator, as they said at least two weeks

but i gotta tell ya, its hard to be sad about anything at this point, i'm just so darn
happy we got the rv shed finished, and are so close, after three long years!

last night, after daniel finished the last roof panel, we sat under our roof, and had
a bottle of homemade wine a friend gave us

and, i just got off the phone with daniel, and he said yesterday, when he opened up the
huge box the garden shed came in, all the cardboard was soaking wet on bottom, and
some of the plywood was wet, and his construction notes were wet too

so now the manufacture wants to ship us a new one, but we have to load all
the lumber back on the trailer and drive it back to home depot!!

i wonder how long that will take to ship??

man, if its not one thing its another

oh well, still smiling, still happy, still ready to go home

have a great day

tesa

"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

glenn kangiser

Glad things are going well for you. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.