Why is my nail gun dieseling

Started by peternap, August 24, 2009, 06:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Long day..
We had a bad storm last night and my roof was damaged. I decided to bite the bullet, and replace it. I started at daybreak, stripped it, replaced the damaged plywood and reshingled. I am 3/4 done and I am whipped. I'm getting very old. Blood suger is in the toilet but worst of all, the roofing nailer is dieseling.

I drive a nail and it stutters and out of every 10 nails or so, it will damage the next nail in line. Just a little bend in it, but enough that I have to stop, pull the coil, break that nail off and replace it.

I had some water in my air line ...well, a lot of water, but I bled it and added extra oil. I'v enver had that problem before though.

Any ideas?
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

NM_Shooter

Make sure you are using a good air tool oil... not marvel.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

I didn't put any oil in at all today and cut the pressure back. Didn't have any problems, so it was one or the other.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!