This really makes me mad, off to the loading bench

Started by peternap, January 20, 2009, 01:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWBT) - Soldiers from the Lynchburg-based 1st Battalion, 116th Brigade Combat Team are assisting the Secret Service with the operation of security checkpoints during Inauguration Day.

"I am very pleased to have the Virginia National Guard here," said Bill Chamberlin, the Secret Service supervisor for the checkpoints. "They are very professional, and I love having uniformed personnel here working with us. The public responds to the presence of military uniformed personnel in a very positive way, so their presence alone is a great benefit to us."

Security personnel are carefully tracking the number of people entering the security checkpoint. The Virginia Guard Soldiers are keeping count while Secret Service personnel conduct security screenings.

Chamberlin said in first 40 minutes of operation, the checkpoint staffed by the soldiers had let through approximately 1,000 people.

Virginia National Guard personnel will stay on duty as long as they are needed by the Secret Service.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

You are under martial law, Peter? hmm 

I think they are trying to get you used to it so you will lose some of that ridiculous sense of freedom you have. [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.