Here's the SG550 Don

Started by peternap, April 27, 2008, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

The video loses a lot when you convert to WMV....but you get the idea

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Fatten ' em up!  :) Hmm. 7 months to Thanksgiving.

Looking good. I could look up the specs, but what's the video format native to the camera? Resolution?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on April 27, 2008, 10:38:50 AM
Fatten ' em up!  :) Hmm. 7 months to Thanksgiving.

Looking good. I could look up the specs, but what's the video format native to the camera? Resolution?

They come out as an AVI but none of my video programs like the CODEC. I had to run them through movie maker and resave as an AVI in order to use the other programs.
Resolution in Video mode is 640X480
In still it's 5 meg
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

MountainDon

Nothing like waking up next to breakfast. :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

That's just too cool.

In video mode, are there settings for how long you record, then how long to take a break, then record again?  What keeps the thing from filling up the memory card if some critter camps out on your bait station for 30 minutes?

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 27, 2008, 06:41:39 PM
That's just too cool.

In video mode, are there settings for how long you record, then how long to take a break, then record again?  What keeps the thing from filling up the memory card if some critter camps out on your bait station for 30 minutes?

-f-

It is the most configurable trail cam I've ever had. The video length can be set between 1 and 60 seconds and the lapse time between videos can be set between 1 second and 60 minutes.

The videos are small enough that my 1 gig card with the camera set for 60 seconds filming and 1 second down, have not filled up. Several of the sites have bears all night. The stills can be set at 3 or 5 megs. They are a little bgger and will fill it eventually...( I check these at least once a week)

Here's the raw footage of the turkeys. There's a world of difference.

https://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/bear%20%20video/?action=view&current=turky2.flv

peternap

The flash stills are nice though. The IR will take some getting used to.
Here's a night  \still (Strobe) with a Stealth I450