Leading up to my annual Kent State editorial

Started by peternap, April 24, 2008, 08:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

sparks

Peternap, Looking forward to your 'annual'.

As far as I'm concerned.....a date which shall live in infamy...

Four Dead In Ohio.  Why??

Who's next?

P.S.  Do any of you remember where or what you were doing that day?

I was a soph in high school.....
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

peternap

There are a number of things that shouldn't be forgotten and should be put into perspective Sparks. The murder of the Weavers, Waco, Kent State, our Government turning on the very people who created it.

All Students are painted as drug crazed radicals in those days. In my small way, I'd like to keep history in check by letting people who hadn't even been born then, know that things weren't much different then, than they are now.

I was in college then but was not POLITICAL. The political leaders on campus were the equivalent of todays Nerds. We were on a Quarter system then so I don't remember the exact classes I was taking. Protests were planned in Virginia but it was trout season and I expect I was fishing after classes.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

I heard the peace sign is making a comeback in fasion and jewelry. Not sure about tie dye and sandles though. Nice report peter keep it up. looking forward to part 2.