Some after tornado pictures of day before yesterdays storm

Started by peternap, April 22, 2008, 07:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Thankfully not much damage. A lot of the debris is a pole barn that was lifted straight up. It was anchored 6 feed in gravel dust.
https://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/storm/
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

Peter, that's not all your place, is it?  Whew!  Hope the recovery from the damage is quick!

peternap

No, thank God!
The tornado was about 10 miles from me. My wife and I are advanced storm spotters for NOAA and were there. It happened too fast to get video though.
Odd storm. It hopped more than touch down. The house with the siding sucked out is a good example. The trees in front showed straight line winds like a microburst. The back trees had no damage at all. The only part of the house hurt was that one side and it was typical of rotation. I haven't figured that one out yet.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

I'm always amazed at what they totally destroy and what gets left untouched.  The big May 3, 1999 tornadoes hit my dad's house in Bridge Creek, OK.  He lives in a mobile home, of all things.  It sucked his bay window in his kitchen out and blew the back door so far away they never even found it, but pretty much left the rest of it intact.  However, it picked up his tool shed and sat it down squarely on top of a hot tub that was just outside their front door!  There was not one leaf or one blade of grass left on the entire five acres, yet the house was still there?  And the shop... just no accounting for how that happens.  Some of his chickens that weren't lost were plucked clean and running around naked.  He had a little goat who'd been staked out in front of her barrel, and she and the barrel were gone.  After three days, he found her a few miles away in a field, and she was trapped under the barrel, hungry and a little neurotic, but OK.  Glad that wasn't your place after all... and hope that those who sustained damage can get it all cleaned up quickly.