A few plan questions from a prospective purchaser

Started by UK4X4, July 08, 2010, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK4X4

I've been spending waay too much time in here following pages and pages of threads, with some excellent builds,

but I still have not worked out what snow loads are covered for the plans ?

ie finally found out the storage shed - non habitable clause in CO for structures less than 200 sf or I have to go the code route for a cabin you can't even drive too !

so the 12 x 16 plans are just right !

Ground snow load is concidered to be 70lbs at 8,00ft

there seem to be multiple ways of calculating actual loads but here's my attempt

70 lbs concidering exposure gives me 47lbs ( O.7 Ce CT I PF)

then with slope factor for the 12 x 12 with steel it gives me 18lbs add 10 for static and the build load is  28 ?

Is this first correct and second covered by the plans ?

Or should I go away and do some more homework ?

2. I'm presently living in Qatar and the property is in CO, can the plans be purchased in Autocad or a printable format here ? as the plot presently has no address as such and the beavers would get to them first

I mess with autocad every now and then and can do the basics

Thanks in advance

John Raabe

In the Little House project you are considering the snow load will not be an issue if you do the suggested 12:12 pitch metal roof and use the loft framing that ties the rafters together for the little loft. If you want, you can oversize the rafters a notch and put in more insulation. Not a bad idea in a cold climate.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

UK4X4

Thanks for the clarification on the roof, and yep all as per.

So what format are the plans ,just printed and then you sketch on selotape over your modifications ?

or are they a PDF you could send ?

ie if their e-mailable, I won't need paper versions

with the interiors being done on the sketch program ?

John Raabe

The Little House plans are on 11x17 paper sheets with an 8.5 x 11 booklet of bonus information.

The plans can be scanned into PDF and sent by email. If you are interested email me at orders@countryplans.com and I can check on what it would cost to do that. It may not be much more than shipping to the Middle East.

When interior modifications are non-structural you can either work up a new layout with any design program or do it on a tracing overlay.
None of us are as smart as all of us.