Air nailer for sheathing

Started by Triathlete, October 26, 2015, 06:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triathlete

I'm in the market looking for an air nailer that works well with shooting 1.5 inch nails into sheets of plywood and OSB and is affordable and reliable.  I've never owned a nail gun before but can see how this will speed up the job.  Any recommendations?

rick91351

My Rigid nailer works well, very light and pretty well built.  We built this house with it and did come apart once and had parts here like over night.  I am not going to point the finger at who's fault it was.  (Might been mine)  ??? I would sure buy it again but it is still going strong.... [cool]

I had a project shooting 1.5 inch galvanized ring shanks into bats or battens.  Not wanting to have to trade out nails all the time. So I bought a Harbor Freight low end nailer. It did not like the nails and about ever tenth nail it would misfire and you would have to disassemble the gun to get jammed nail out. What a pain! I bought another Harbor Freight gun that is pretty well liked by the reviews. I wanted a spare when we started building the house.  It is heavy and if you are nailing a lot by the end of the day it is a club.

I have used the high end high $$$ nailers but never have owned one. For a DIY home builder - sheds and stuff I like the Rigid nailer!     
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

rick91351

OPPPSS!!!!  Forgot to mention what ever you choose make sure you can adjust the nail depth on the gun.  You do not want the head sinking into the OSB. Sometimes if you can not get it adjusted on the gun where you want it. Just cut you air down on the pressure regulating valve on the compressor. 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

pmichelsen

I have a few Senco nailers. Sometimes I'm able to get good deals at the local repair shop.