My little place

Started by Dan, June 12, 2005, 12:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I think quite a while back I had posted an outside pic of my 8x10 microcabin/overgrown outhouse, but it's closer to done, and I have some interior pics as well.  Basically I built this because I had septic, water, and power on the lot, and my wife really wanted a flush toilet when we camped.  8x10 was big enough to put in a sleeping loft, dinette, and bar sink, but not quite big enough to be too comfortable long term.  I have the Victoria's cottage plans and a clearing, working on the budget.  Here's a link to a few pics from this winter.

http://groups.msn.com/TheLuvShack/2212005.msnw?albumlist=2

This was a very light snow winter in north-central Washington, only about 3 feet on the ground in these pictures, typical year would have at least 5-7 feet on the ground most of the winter, I've seen 11 feet there, and the "old-timers" remember a winter that had 17 feet on the ground.  We're located a few miles up the road past Lake Wenatchee, WA.

Enjoy,
Dan

Shelley

Pretty creative Dan ;D

Are those the HD Mill's Pride in maple?
It's a dry heat.  Right.

Dan

QuoteAre those the HD Mill's Pride in maple?

Good eye.  They are indeed.

Leo

Dan I spent A year in the boonies west of tonasket near loomis ,It was beautiful what a nice area ,enjoy

DavidLeBlanc

Very cute little cabin! Almost big enough for 1 person to live in fulltime!

Have a look at the "Speaking of Tiny Houses..." thread I just put up! :)

rodb

Hi Dan,

Great little place. Did you base this off of some plans or did you design it? If it was off of plans, where did you get them?

I am looking to do something similar, but on a 10X10 foundation and I would like to make the loft a full second story.

Please let me know,

Rod

Dan

I sort of made this up as I went along.  Way overbuilt, but that works for me   ;D

I would think that John's Little House plans could me modified to work for your purpose.  I think a full 2 story on a 10x10 might look just a little tower like, how about baloon frame it with 10 or even 12 foot studs and creat sort of a story and a 1/2 like the Victorias Cottage and 20x30 plans on this site.