Linear Current Booster

Started by hpinson, May 15, 2012, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpinson

Can anyone explain how a Linear Current Booster works?   I am trying to determine if I have a bad unit (in a direct PV install for a water pump), and don't really understand what it does.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

hpinson

Maybe... I'm working with a 12V DC motor that is not quite doing the work it is supposed to do.   Direct PV from a 210w 12v 11amp panel or 12v/~11amp from the eu2000i gennie is not quite turning a pump motor rotor with a considerable, but in spec, load on it.  Note quite turning... almost turning... does 90% of the rotor stroke but won't do the top 10%.  I can manually assist the last 10%.

So as I read this, a LCB produces more torque, by controlling the motor at a lower speed, which is, I think, what I need?

Fuses are not blowing on the motor circuit so I don't think I am at its maximum capacity.

MountainDon

If you read what I posted you know as much as I do, but have more field experience with a recalcitrant pump.   :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.