A minor setback......

Started by melwynnd, January 13, 2006, 06:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melwynnd

Hi everyone,  I hope you all had a nice holiday.

My husband and I finished our alcove bed on Christmas day.  No more sleeping in the living room!! ;D  The bed is probably the sturdiest part of the trailer(so far) and it fits our full size mattress perfectly.  We thought that was pretty good for non-carpenter people. ;)

However(there's always a however), while the bed fits the mattress wonderfully, it does not fit my husband whom, it seems, has spent the last 11 years of our marriage hanging his feet over the end :-[!!  This is not good.  We don't want to tear the walls out again as that seems to be a waste of good wood, not to mention sheetrock.

The solution:  My daughter just got her alcove bed and bedroom started sooner than we expected!  We're going to add 16" to the next bed and put a foam filler in front where the pillows go anyway.  Who knows, we may like it better on the other side of the trailer!!

Sherry
Sherry

Good things come in small packages!!

glenn kangiser

I just saw an add for fresh milk with cream and that made me think of you---- I was wondering how you were doing. :)

Sometimes the feet over the end of the bed isn't too bad-- keeps the mattress from smashing your toes.  Maybe not so good if you were forced into a steady diet of it though. :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Daddymem

I can empathize with your husband, if I sleep in anything less than a Queen my feet hang off the edge too.  I usually end up sleeping crosswise...using up the space my vertically challenged wife doesn't use  ;)
Où sont passées toutes nos nuits de rêve?
Aide-moi à les retrouver.
" I'm an engineer Cap'n, not a miracle worker"

http://littlehouseonthesandpit.wordpress.com/