Master Brand Locks With Keys

Started by MountainDon, June 29, 2013, 02:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I don't like having to have different keys for different locks. A few years ago I found a Box of locks at Lowe's that were all keyed alike. Never seen that before. Yes I've seen packages of 4 keyed alike but never the entire box of locks with the same numbered keys. So I bought a number, more thsan I figured I would need. Well, I want or need two more with the same key.

So I browsed the Master Lock website. I discovered it is possible to order locks to fit keys you have as long as you know the key number. Fill out an online form and someone emails back within a couple days and you get a quote. They said about a 10 - 14 day turn around. Pretty good price with a 15% off they offered for buying within 7 days of the quote. Shipping is additional but there is no need for another and different key. They can also do a "master" keying with different "sub-keying".
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

I bought a dozen of the round masters all keyed the same from my favorite Do It Best Store / lumber yard.  I know most people can never use that many but with a ranch and storage units down in the valley............

What I saying is you can special order larger lots also.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.