hello to all getting ready

Started by bkiller, March 18, 2009, 08:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkiller

First let me say that ive been reading for awile  and you guys & gals are awsome and full of  info  . I am getting ready to buy the 20/30 1/2
story  plans and make it a little bigger , I was thinking around 24/34 we are wonting a little more living room space . we are in ok city and are going back to nw arkansas to the hills and trees do to all the stuff  going on it just seems right , I HAVE VERY  little  cash so i will have to finance the house but buy the land with cash  so it will be a fun trip , we have had a lot of fun fliping houses but those days are over ..lol
  any help and advice would be a big help  thanks

Boyd n val

glenn kangiser

There have been some that have widened the 20 but to stay within the design parameters it is best to extend the length using more of the same units than to widen  as loading changes then.  Footings change - joists change - beams may change.  Generally over 20' req's a bearing center wall -

You may try a search and see what you can find in other's postings.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

bkiller

THANKS for the replay ill have to look and see if the added size would relly help us out