Another Great Customer Service Experience

Started by MountainDon, November 25, 2010, 10:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Several years ago we purchased a stainless steel trash can, with a step on pedal that pops open a pair of lids on top. We have loved it. Last week we had an accident and broke a hinge as well as the tab that the lift rod connects to. There was no name on it that I could find. The store we bought it from no longer had them.

I searched online and found the same cans for sale at several places. The cheapest was $100.  :o  I seem to recall paying $60 or so.

I googled the name and found the company, Simplehuman

I found the customer service page and completed a problem report / service request. I had no receipt, no date of purchase beyond a wild guess, I do remember we bought it from Target, I never registered the purchase as far as I remember. I did that this morning. After dinner tonight I had a response in my inbox. They are apologetic and sorry for any inconvenience. They are sending replacement parts via UPS, for free.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.