Any source that will draw a blueprints and BOM online?

Started by Swamphunter, February 02, 2012, 01:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamphunter

I was wondering if there is any online cabin manufacturing company that will draw you a plan and include a bill of materials, if you send them pics and specs of what you want to build?

Thanks

John Raabe

There are several precut cabin building companies, and some lumber yards, that can provide modified drawings for packages they produce and sell. You can build these cabins yourself but you buy the materials package from the manufacturer/supplier. Many of these companies have gone out of business over the last 6-8 years so a bit of work on the phone may be needed to find existing suppliers. Note that these are relatively local businesses limited by the cost-effectiveness of shipping materials. If you are close to Canada you may find a supplier on the "other side" who can give you Canadian lumber.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Swamphunter

Im just looking for a good plan to build off from. I have full intentions of buying all my material locally, and using the plan for the BOM and elevations....

John Raabe

I am probably stating the obvious as you have probably seen the plans I have produced at the main Countryplans website. They can be modified locally if needed and some folks use these plans and do their own modifications - some by using the template files at our sister site PlanHelp.com.

http://www.countryplans.com/plans.html
None of us are as smart as all of us.