Recent posts

Off Topic - Ideas, humor, inspiration / Re: Gold or silver
Last post by OlJarhead - March 14, 2023, 03:50:59 PM
Interesting read all these years later...we were looking at both back between 06 and 09sh...and kept an eye on since....

Gold was under $900/oz and I think silver was $11/oz.

It wasn't an investment, it was just a way to store wealth (even just a little) and today at around $1800/oz for gold (and it's been higher) and $22/oz for silver (ditto) I can say our dollars were well spent as we probably still have the same buying power as we did back then :D

General Forum / Re: OFF GRID POWER; various th...
Last post by OlJarhead - March 14, 2023, 01:11:56 PM
Need LiPo4 Batteries?!  Check this out:  24V Battery Lithium 120Ah 3 kWh LiFePO4 LFP Residential Solar Trailer Cabin Boat (batteryevo.com)

At checkout put in the Coupon Code of OldJarhead and you'll get 10% off!

I haven't announced this ANYWHERE else yet but do plan to do a video soon with the announcement to let everyone know.

I also see the price of these is down a little to $995ea so you'll get $99.50 off EACH battery if you buy these but the code is good for ANYTHING on the site.

Hope that helps someone :D
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker...
Last post by OlJarhead - March 14, 2023, 01:05:40 PM
The new batteries arrived!  Since I don't currently have a pic host (I am using Instagram now though so maybe I can share from there??) I can't share but they are impressive!  Not too big or two heavy and come with wheels on the bottom and a rope handle on top!  NICE!

I plan to do a review or three of them (I like to do a review of things early on and then later so you get a better idea of how well they perform over time) and think I can even help folks get a discount if they want some!  (I'm working on an affiliate link so you can get a discount but don't have enough details yet).

More to come!
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: New House Truckee, CA Hist...
Last post by jsahara24 - March 13, 2023, 07:53:44 AM
Wow, impressive pictures to say the least!  Hopefully you get some moderation out there.....
Last post by MountainDon - March 12, 2023, 05:27:47 PM
Good to see it stands, Dan. I've been watching (from afar) in amazement.
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
Last post by Medeek - March 12, 2023, 01:37:39 PM
Version 3.1.4 - 03.12.2023
- Added the following door types: flat one panel (single and double).

This update per customer request.
Last post by Danfish - March 11, 2023, 06:17:42 PM
The Winter of 2023 going into the record books and certainly challenging our design and engineering work.

View of Garage and problem of where to put the snow

Result of shoveling roof twice

If you looked at prior construction photos you might recall the joking about the over design of the gas meter protective enclosure...well not so funny now...people here are scrambling to dig out meters that have no protection

View out shop window and at catio porch

Referral Links / Re: Medeek Project Plugin
Last post by Medeek - March 10, 2023, 07:40:21 PM
Version 1.0.9 - 03.10.2023
- Fixed a bug with the Trim 3 tool.
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Kodiak Alaska - Our journe...
Last post by Marilina - March 09, 2023, 10:44:06 PM
I just saw the latest updates on Flicker and things are looking good thus far!

run 3
General Forum / Re: three short questions abou...
Last post by OlJarhead - March 09, 2023, 05:15:45 PM
Like a log house?  Stacked beams style?  If so I think I'd just seal them well and chink the gaps.