Huge life change! All because of this site!

Started by Spyke, August 04, 2007, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyke

Hey everyone! I have not been around here for a while but I have some big news! I built a 12x32 little house 5 years ago in central Il. We have been using it as a weekend summer place but we live in the suburbs of Chicago. Right now my mortgage and taxes are around 2500 per month plus the other costs of living are really high in Chicago. We have had enough....

So, I found a lot in the same area as the little house. We have both houses on the market. I figure we have just enough to build a 20x40 2 story house with a basement. This should be big enough for my family of 4. The lot is very private and we plan on doing the house as a modern log cabin, with log style wood siding, rustic wood paneling and hardwood floors with all the modern features of a new home. Also the focus will be on making the home as energy efficient as possible. So 2x6 walls, tankless waterheater and wood burning stove are part of the plans.

Just wanted to introduce myself....again.

glenn-k

Welcome back Spyke.  Sounds like you have a lot of things in the works.  Looking forward to seeing your progress. :)

jb52761

Hey Spyke...sounds like a plan....Where is the place at in central Il ? Thats where I am, out in the woods on the lake just outside the city limits of Decatur..me and my little "cabin" thats not done....I figure I'll have it done in another 30 years !!! ::)