Ron Paul on Iraq / wikileaks

Started by cbc58, January 27, 2011, 09:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archimedes

It's been reported for years that Hussein only invaded Kuwait because he thought he had gotten a green light from the H.W. Bush adm.

It's interesting how the years of US alliance with Hussein have been quietly erased from history.  The truth is sometimes very inconvenient.
Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

Sassy

We have a way of playing w/all the big boys around the world - Osama bin Laden was a CIA asset, for one, you can google that & find all sorts of stuff - all nations play the games - it's when our young men & women are sent into harms way for one of their games to profit themselves & not the nation, that gets me angry...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

bayview

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain . . .

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

glenn kangiser

Wikileaks is considered by much of the world to be a CIA limited hangout.  Release new propaganda aiming the future consent for more war along with a bunch of already largely known info.

This is possibly the first public outing of this document, but the content was leaked many years ago.  April Glaspie is an old name to me.  Nice thing is that now it is official rather than than the ravings of conspiracy theorists.  Yup ...Saddam was our buddy and attacked with our approval until we turned on him.

When Daddy was stopped prematurely from continuing the war in Iraq, he threw a big tantrum and ordered the murder of the entire retreating Iraq army with fighter jets with machine guns, napalm,  bombs ....whatever.   The entire 20 miles of retreating troops were called home under orders....no longer fighting.... we shot them in the back.... big brave dummies that we are... Sir, yes sir.... just following orders.....

Our illustrious leader burned them all to a crisp in our name...... It looks like there were as many civilians and families as soldiers  if you research the story.

It has been referred to as a turkey shoot, of course the guilty parties will try to justify it.  Say they were shooting back.  They were a retreating army for craps sake... we were not supposed to be firing on them so they were only trying to survive against impossible odds if they fired back.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Shawn B

In my opinion the intelligence community uses Julian Assange as a useful idiot, spoon feeding him dated and mostly irrelevant "classified" material. In all of the tens of thousands of pages of documents what was really learned that a great many did not already suspect? For the most part these documents only confirmed public suspension. Events like the "leaking" of the documents helps feed the news media, so they can talk about how this supposedly hurts the country or somehow could endanger troops overseas. What the media is not telling the public is that ALL military and government documents are classified. Some are classified at various levels of secrecy, while others are classified for "public use" or similar. Classified does not always mean secret, it refers to, well a certain level of classification. I wish someone could explain how a PFC, with just a few years in the military attained access to a computer terminal and managed to download such a wide arrange of files, for so long without being caught. For that matter how does a PFC obtain the security clearance level needed for this job? The whole thing stinks really bad. In principle I support Wiki Leaks for bringing this information forward so many will see it, but I am skeptical of those behind the curtain.

The "Highway of Death" situation at the end of Gulf War I, while being totally unnecessary from a military perspective, was and is completely legal. Throughout history armies have fired upon retreating armies. WWII is the last biggest, best example of this. Most armies will leave some forces behind to "cover" the retreat, and in modern times there is usually air power to help. Now of course the Iraqis had no real air power left to do this, and had limited numbers of triple A and SAM's left. In reality they had no chance to withdrawal. Was this legal....yes......moral no. The war was all but over, the Iraqis were leaving Kuwait per the U.N. mandate, nothing said they could not withdrawal back to Iraqi soil. In the end this was just a showcase of American and Western air power and weapons. A-10s with Hell Fire missiles and F-16s with cluster bombs mowed those people down real easy. Keep in mind this attack went on for hours. Heck they even brought in the heavy B-52 bombers. The sick part of the whole situation is that the U.S. is still using these weapons in Iraq today. Saddam is long dead and good ol' Uncle Sam is still over there......killing 2 million Iraqis and counting....no go pay your taxes serfs so he can buy more weapons to kill the Iraqis with [waiting]. There such a powerful military threat to us   ???
"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." Samuel Adams

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

The main result of all our many mistakes in Iraq has been to turn a relatively stable, modern and secular country (with a despot as a leader - nothing new there for Mesopotamia) into a crippled and shattered society where every ethnic or religious faction is fighting each other.

If we had done nothing at all we would now be seeing what is happening in Egypt working the same magic on Saddam.
None of us are as smart as all of us.