build big or several small ones?

Started by mixedgasdiver, October 02, 2007, 09:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

QuoteDNR=do not recussitate  (spelling?)  Just ask the nurses who browse this site.  Sassy?

You are so correct, hobbiest!  I think that is their goal...  :-/
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

tanya

I saw the coumpound idea at www.balewatch.com it isa straw bale plan but I think it would work jsut as well with any little cabins.  It is listed in the 50 strawbale plans under 480 ft compound.  as far as your legal issues it sounds like to me that you do have legal access as long as you are willing to maintain the road if DNR quits.  Maybe you should take your legal issues to an attorney outside of WA they are all scared of the states stonewalling techniques.  And I also think your seller has some liability issues if in fact the access is limited and the contract states differently after all who would buy land for an agreed price only to find out later it is more or less worthless?  You may actually be required to build your own road at some point but legal access is legal access and that means you can come and go and use the raod to haul pigs or whatever you choose to haul.  I can't see whaty the county would not grant a building permit unless the road is not maintained year round that is becoming an issue more and more here where I live my landlady had to redo the entire driveway jsut because emergency vehicles couldn't get turned around should they ever be called inthe winter.  Ridiculas, now I have hoodlums and hunters coming up at all hours because they think my former hideous driveway is now a beautiful road.  I have stated here before i prefer the hideous driveway it keeps out the undesireables.  Now I have to buy a sling shot.  
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

MountainDon

Tanya, have you considered a gate? Coupling that with some very visible Keep Out, etc signs can go a long ways to keep the riff raff out. We have a shared gate with our neighbors up in the mountains. It's a small bother to pay. When we're there we close it, but don't necessarily lock it. We've never seen an intruder though there is often evidence of some vehicle turning around outside the gate.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peter nap

I don't understand a few things. You mentioned a title company. If you have title insurance they have to take care of it unless they listed it as an exclusion in the policy.

Most states will not allow landlocking property.

If all else fails, go to DNR and cut a deal. Get deeded access but write in the access papers that they shall have first right of refusal at current market prices, when you sell.

They'll jump on that with both feet.

If none of the above work, get your Congressman to make a congressional inquiry as to why they will not give permanent access. That gets a lot of action.