surprised to find cabin for sale on craigslist!

Started by FrankInWIS, November 05, 2007, 09:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankInWIS

http://appleton.craigslist.org/spo/452732247.html

Completely finished 14 X 28 foot cabin, on skids, with all wiring, heater, wood stove, 12 X 14 foot loft. This can be transported down the road and would be the buyer's responsibility to move it. Well over $12,000 invested in it, however we don't use it as we built a house on our land. It has a microwave, refrigerator, ceiling fan, tongue and groove interior and snack bar. A bathroom could easily be built on if you wanted to. This cabin will fit on a large trailer, however it would need to be heavy enough to move a small structure. Please call 920-229-6445 with any questions. NOTE: The height of the cabin from the bottom of the floor to the roof peak is 15 feet.

desdawg

By the time you get that loaded you would be 17' high as well as overwidth. I just moved a 10' X 10' frame storage shed on one of my trailers. A little bit of tricky business but I got it here. I didn't have to contend with power lines because I was at a lower height. The shed was free if I wanted to haul it away and since I was mainly on dirt roads out here in the country I didn't worry with permits. The shed is unfinished on the inside, just some shelving and a workbench. It probably would cost a couple thousand to duplicate what is there. I have been fixing on it and will need to roof it. I used a tilt bed trailer and even at that broke one of the 4X6 skids getting it loaded. I chugged up the road about 10 mph. I will take a picture when the sun comes up.

peter_nap

[highlight]dirt roads out here in the country I didn't worry with permits. [/highlight]

Des....your my kind of people ;D

desdawg

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do Peter. I never did get around to the picture. LOL.

Preston

I've always wanted to be the one hauling  :), instead of the one being almost being run off the road by a doublewide in the backcountry roads of Nebraska :-/.  Amazing something like that can be moved.

desdawg

It is amazing Preston. The older mobile homes had two axles. Now I see half a doublewide with 6 axles sometimes on the heavy half. Drywall adds a lot of #'s compared to the old paneled houses.